Okay. So I haven't signed in for about 2 months :S Well I've been dumped with heaps and heaps and heaps of stuff to do. School. Piano. Formal. Temple. Tutoring. Etc. So busy. Luckily, it's holidays now xD
............
Holidays started off with an awesome GDPT camp! Despite the morning wake ups and the cleaning, it was heaps of fun.
We arrived at Chua Tien An on Saturday morning at 7am. We got on the bus (well, the OV* did and the rest got on cars etc) and drove to the Cataract Camp Site. It took erhh an hour? CP were the first to get there. GO US!
When HQ and PB arrived, Wendy went around and made friends very fast and rather strangely. She shook everyone's hands etc. Funny girl. Anyway, so we all gathered and they split us into groups. GO SEN VANG*!! Majority of the captains were from CP hehe.
We then had lunch. Mmmmm food. Hmmm. What'd we have? I think we had noodles. Or, was it rice? Lol, whatever. It was nice either way (:
We then played heaps of mini games against all the teams. There were 8 teams altogether. First game was a three legged raced. My team was so pro. We came first!! Then we had one where we had to walk across a rope. Some guy practically slid upside down across the whole thing O_O
OMG OMG!! The best thing my group did the whole camp. We're so proud of our cooking area. We full made an oven look-a-like-thing out of bricks we found, rocks and sticks. It was awesome. Our fire was lit so well and the food was great (well to us atleast). The judges said our food didn't have enough flavour. I was trying to limit the salt and sugar to be healthy =='
We had a phat phap and chien mom competition against temples. GO CP!! We won as NT xD OV lost, but w.e NT YO!!
At night. Wendy, Kristine, Thao, Bea and I showered. The shower was so nice ^^ The warmest showers we've had at camp probably. Hehe.
For bed, we had two bunks pushed together and we all slept across the bottom bunk. Yes, all 5 of us fit. Haha. Before sleeping, we had lots of junk food! YUM. When we slept, all night, Thao would strangely huddle to Wendy's side and let out some sort of sound o_O
The next morning, they woke us up at 6. Actually it was 7 cause of day light savings ==' We forgot. Thank goodness it was raining. We didn't have to do the morning exercise stuff. We finally played THE BIG GAME!! Our team did pretty well. I think we came second. Wendy's team came first. She's pro at morse and semaphore. We didn't do too bad xD Semaphore was hard. And omg, chewing the veggies as "medicine" was gross!
At night, we had a camp fire acting thing. CP did an awesome one about father and daughter love <3 I was the dad and Thao was the daughter. That explains my costume ==' Anyways, it was funny and educational xD
We're CPWe like to be freeJust last week we had banh mi*Don't forget, we like curryBut now it's all in our tummy(I think I'm missing a line, lol)
Oooh. Afterwards, we celebrated The Moon Festival stuffs. We all lit lanterns and walked around the fire place. It was so pretty. We also go yummy moon cake (vegetarian ones). I ate too much, but it was so nice!
Anyways, Wendy and Kristine told us some scary stories in bed. Omg. They were so creepy. Espescially the USyd one. Oh no. I actually want to study there for med and it happened in that department ==' True story.
The guys are funny though. I can't believe they still (even now) believe they story Tu made up and Wendy retold. Hahas. It was about a girl the got trapped in the boys toilets by a group of mean girls at the camp site. She died in there etc. It full creeped them out. Haha. Funny, gullible people.
The next morning (last day of camp), they woke us up for the exercise routine. Awww, it didn't rain. All through camp, it was a work out. We bush walked, climbed hills, crawled under chairs through mud, ran and did sit ups (viet style).
Anyway, today. We went to a dam and took an epic picture (TK7) and then went back, played games and had lunch. Afterwards, awards were presented. I came second for the drawing competition! YAY! CHOCOLATE! My team came first for the sack race. We won lots of food. Hahas.
WOO! The entire camp was great, besides all our little punishments. Haha. It was home time and we all sad our goodbyes, took lots of pics, got each other's emails and hugged etc.
We'll all be seeing each other next Sunday at Youth Day, so YAY! Till then...
CP. CHANH PHAP!
*OV: oanh vu (kids 7-12?)
*sen vang: yellow team
*phat phap: buddhist studies
*chien mom: morse, semaphore and knots
*banh mi: breadLabels: gdpt
Post a Comment