Expectations drive ambition. However, this ambition seems to be the cause of a range emotions. From tears to smiles.
.............
When one meets their expectation, they're obviously smiling and jumping up and down with joy. On the other hand, those whom are stuck below their standard of what is "good" or "exceptable" take on a different reaction.
Beat yourself before you beat someone elseIt hurts to have to watch someone do better than you when you tried so hard yourself. It feels unfair and completely disappointing
The worse comment someone can ever make beforehand is "I know you topped it". Then you get your marks back and it doesn't happen to be anywhere near the top. It just crushes you. It's as though you not only disappointed yourself, but everyone else who had high hopes for you.
Well from the neck upThere's not much to sayI know I could do betterCould do better anywayIt's atleast better to fall to one expectation, but to multiple...
It sucks! It hurts! It doesn't help, being compared to everyone else!Provide encouragement. Provide support. Provide security. Just don't provide reasons for disappointment.
This is a a part of high school that's not so new. For me, not you..
I know I could do betterFor you: I know how it hurts. I know it can be disappointing. Just know, that I'll always be there for you. Don't ever let someone else discourage you. All you have to believe is that you did what you could and that's enough. Labels: School, So I thought
Post a Comment