It was a while ago (last week of term 1) that I had my Drama Assessment.
.............
This was an individual practical assessment where we had to develop a whole character. We filled out a character profile sheet that had everything about the character, from the eye colour to their hobbies. As you can see, it takes a lot of thought. This character then had to go through a recent life-changing incident. That incident became the influence of a monologue to be performed.
As people may have heard, my character was very depressing and she went through a lot. This character I developed was something influenced by a lot around me. Not only by people, but by myself and by a lot of little things; especially music.
Sing us a songAnd we'll sing it back to youWe can sing alongWhat would it be without youAnnie is a girl who lives with her father and step mother. She resents them both because her father has replaced her dead mother with another woman without considering her feelings. They both don't seem to listen to her or see that she has gone through a lot and needs the support of a loving family.
I am finding outThat maybe I was wrongThat I've fallen downAnd I can't do this aloneStay with meThis is what I needPleaseAfter her mother died from an illness, she became lonely. Her mother was the only one in the family that cared for Annie and her passion for music. Over a long time, she mourned over her mother, but then she found a source of hope. She found someone to be her sanctuary and she began to pull through again.
However, that hope was soon destroyed. Her boyfriend became subject to a hit and run that was originally aimed at her. This impacted her greatly. Not only has she suffered from the devastating loss of her mother, but now her boyfriend too.
She is isolated. She is alone. She has no one, but her father and step mother whom don't realise she has gone through a lot and needs them to be there for her. She feels discouraged and insecure. She doesn't understand why the world chose to take the people she loves away from her. She never seemed to do anything wrong, yet she is the one punished.
She realises that it could've been different. He could've let her to face the death. He chose to save her. Her life was extended and his was cut short. She doesn't know who to blame anymore.
A knot has been created in her chest. It hurts. At no moment does it loosen, but it seems to be getting tighter and more tangled. She just wants someone to be there for her. On the other hand, she doesn't. She's afraid of losing people again. She doesn't want to go through the same thing. It seems to be going on repeat. Like the knot, her mind is lost and confused.
I am nothing now And it's been so longSince I've heard a soundA sound of my only hopeThis timeYou should be listening(yes, I changed "I" to "you")All she really has now is her music. It is the only thing that hears her. It is the only thing she can speak to. This wretched life has burried her far away from people and the world. Her music is the only thing left that keeps her going. She doesn't want it to die. She doesn't want it to disappear like the rest.
Drama. How I love it. The feeling when I get on stage... The feeling I got when I did this monologue... I felt that I was really this character. I felt the hurt. I felt the pain. I felt the sorrow.
I thank everyone for their compliments. This performance was something I am proud of. I really felt that I did my best. I felt that I took Drama to my personal best. Drama has changed me. It has given me an addition to my performing arts. It has improved my confidence. It has become a huge part of my interests. It has allowed me to present something that I felt true. I felt real in that position. I felt in the moment on that stage.
Drama. It is the sound of..
hopeLabels: Let the light shine on me, MUSIC, School
Post a Comment