Video Girl
Saturday, March 7, 2009 @ 12:11 PM

Vainity. Visibility. Victims.

.............

Beauty. It causes so much stupidity. It creates these views in the minds of society that people have to appear a certain way to be named this word, beautiful.

What is beauty? It is so subjective. Why can't everyone be beautiful? Wait. Everyone is beautiful. It's just there is some generalised view of what should and deserves to be fair, whilst others are named to be ugly.

Ugly. What a horrible word. It hurts to be called ugly. Okay, it cannot be helped that people are human and are opinionated towards a person's appearance. But, to claim that you have to look a certain way to be beautiful and categorising people based on looks...

Video girl rocked my world for a whole two seconds
And now I know I'm not about to be another victim
Of the video girl syndrome

We are fooled into believing these images. Real people are beautiful. Real people are of different shapes and sizes. Big, small, flat or curvy. I don't want to be afraid to be different. I don't want to be subject to this absurd portrayal.

We are victims of these lies. Why not be true to who we are? No matter what, we are all uniquely beautiful. Flaunt what you've got. But, don't look down on those who choose to be real.

Realisation has come to my senses. Not everyone looks like a...

video girl

Labels:

0 comments

Post a Comment

emergency

SO.PHI
As I burn another page. As I look the other way. I still try to find my place in the diary of... I'm longing, for words to describe how I'm feeling. All your twisted thoughts free flow to everlasting memories. The whispers turn to shouting. The shouting turns to tears. Your tears turn into laughter. And it takes away our fears.
Music speaks for me ♫

all we know
Photobucket All you need to know :P
• music - piano. guitar. drums. rock. paramore. blg. flyleaf
• gdpt
• myheart
• tree quad squad (now shelter floor people lol)
• chocolate

thisheartitbeats
beatsforonlyyou

all i wanted
ipod touch (32GB)
• electric acoustic guitar
• grand piano
• yellow car
• BLG CDs and merchandise
• paramore merchandise
• a break
• re-smart-ify my maths-ness
• write more
• regain my creative past
... only in my dreams
nah.. what i really want is a hug and smile (:

looking up
aspirations 2010
• instrumental skills improve (piano, guitar, drums)
• maintain balance between work, studies, gdpt, social life, co-curricular activities and hobbies
• stay healthy and fit
• don't stress
• work the white shirt xD
stuck on you
aileen / ana / charlene / ena / hiuy / kimmy / sally / stephen shirley / wendy /

here we go again

my hero
layout by naomi :D | inspired by x_empty / electro-pop%
others : x / x / x / x

never let this go
J • 3 words 8 letters • thunder • bum/bul bee
E • wife • besty • spongebob&patrick
SHS • drama09 • monkey&scarecrow • blue

myheartisyours
it'syours