OMFG still in shock from episode 17 of Gossip Girl Season 2. O_O Like seriously. WTPGHS* bro!! ENA, you were so right! Anyways, this post is not about Gossip Girl. It's actually about the Victorian Bushfire Appeal.
.............
Brown eyes and lungs are filled up with smokeFast lives are stuck in the undertowOn Sunday, CP, along with PB, went to Cabra to collect donations for the Victorian Bushfire Appeal. We had normal Viet first which was a bludge. Stupid Viet hangman ==' I didn't know anything.
Anyways, it was a rainy day, as it has been for the last week or so. At Cabra, we set up a little table and had our boxes. We went around asking for donations. Some people were so generous. $50. Omg, this lady took out a roll of money and gave us a 50. We were like, "omg, she's gonna get rolled." LOL.
CP wasn't so smart, so we only made like $1200 or something. Whereas, PB was smart and went into restaurants that gave them a $1000 check. We should've done that. Instead, Wendy, Kristine and me went around screaming out stuff. Kristine would talk in English and I had to do the Viet. Wendy would just stand there and laugh every time. We also had Happy Cup, hot chips and Bread Top. Wendy bought cool Spiderman slippers.
So, the day was loads of fun. We not only enjoyed spending time with each other, but it felt really nice to do a good deed. Knowing that I am helping with a good cause is so happy-making. It feels as though I'm not just sitting there at home, watching the news and going "oh, poor people." But, I am actually out there, making a difference.
Someone to save youWhat you need isSomeone to save youIn addition, the rush you get when someone wants to make a donation is better than going high on sugar or chocolate. I get all excited and I'm happy to know that there are people who really care out there.
In the afternoon, I went to my Aunty's house. We were watching the news and it talked about the bushfire and I saw the images of people who were in hospital. It talked about donations being made and I was thinking, "yes, the money we made today is going towards those people."
Then, my Aunty said she was going to donate some blood the next day. I was like, that is so inspirational. I want to be of more help. I want to make changes, to be part of those few whom care and participate to help others in need.
I am really looking forward to Clean Up Australia Day. I'll get to make a difference again. We'll be going to Cabra to clean up the place. Last year was awesome. I'm hoping I can do heaps more to help this year. I think I might also volunteer for the Starlight Foundation, thanks to Jobo.
The world is hopefully made up of a lot of good people who care. It's up to them to choose..
to save someone*WTPGHS: What The Pho Ga with the Hoisin Sauce (stolen from Thao and Wendy)
Labels: gdpt, I feel good :D
lol. thank you. hahas. yeh. my aunt was like she's not scared. she just sits there and tells them to stick the needle in. they're like look away and she says nah just stick it in. hahas. she donated last year too.
Post a Comment