Play My Music
Friday, January 16, 2009 @ 3:10 PM

Music music music. I've blogged about dancing. Now it's about music. Singing. Guitaring. Pianoing.

.............

I love music. Music is what I spend time doing when I'm bored, lonely, sad, happy... Music is right for any mood. Right for any situation. It is something that speaks to everyone. It conveys meaning not only through words, but sound. Tone and timbre. Pitch and tempo. Every little aspect contributes to this subject of art.

You say the sweetest things and I
Can't keep my heart from singing along to the sound of your song
My stupid feet keep moving to this 4/4 beat, I'm in time with you
Whoa, to this 4/4 beat I would die for you

Music. How could we live without it? It helps me speak. That's probably why I use lyrics when I blog. For some reason, whenever I feel like blogging about something, a song pops into my head. I love that though. Music is within me. I can't get rid of it. Although, why would I want to?

I think it kind of runs in my family (i.e. on my dad's side). My grandfather is a dance teacher, an MC and plays the guitar and sings (I think). My dad plays the drums, piano and guitar, he composes music and sings and used to be in a random band (way long ago). I guess entertainment is actually what runs in the family. The performing arts.

So, how did I even get to blogging about music? I actually spent a lot of my time today doing musical things. I was playing the guitar while singing, occasionally practising my song for this Sunday. I started wondering off into other songs of course, especially "My Heart" by Paramore. That's like my calming song. It'll probably be what will keep me from hyperventilating before I go onstage on Sunday.

Afterwards, I practised the piano. I really do love playing the piano. I know, it doesnt really show. It's just that I hate the pressure that comes from the exams I have to take. I'd really like to be one of those people who just learn for fun. Play whenever I want to. And, perhaps compose music.

But, I've been taking lessons and exams since about 6 years ago. I've been committed for that long. I don't really want to disappoint my parents. I really should and want to complete the course. Complete what I've committed myself to doing. I'm almost there, luckily. Only a few years left. Grade 7 is driving me nuts, but I know I'll get there. I'm not the type of person to give up once I've gone so far into something.

My next dedication will be to learn the drums xD

Anyway, my point is, music is a part of my life. At this very moment, I'm listening to music.

Music's in my soul
I can hear it everyday, everynight
It's the one thing on my mind
Music's got control
And I'm never letting go, no no
I just want to play my music

I never want to let go of my love for music. Music..

I'm never letting go

Labels: , , ,

2 comments

yay go sophie :)
good luck for sunday, not that you need it :)
and man you're so lucky you have drums! even if they're mini ones!
i'm so envious!!

By Blogger Ena, at January 16, 2009 at 4:24 PM  

hahas. thanks, ena!! xD i did alright today i guess. lol.

By Blogger Sophie, at January 18, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

emergency

SO.PHI
As I burn another page. As I look the other way. I still try to find my place in the diary of... I'm longing, for words to describe how I'm feeling. All your twisted thoughts free flow to everlasting memories. The whispers turn to shouting. The shouting turns to tears. Your tears turn into laughter. And it takes away our fears.
Music speaks for me ♫

all we know
Photobucket All you need to know :P
• music - piano. guitar. drums. rock. paramore. blg. flyleaf
• gdpt
• myheart
• tree quad squad (now shelter floor people lol)
• chocolate

thisheartitbeats
beatsforonlyyou

all i wanted
ipod touch (32GB)
• electric acoustic guitar
• grand piano
• yellow car
• BLG CDs and merchandise
• paramore merchandise
• a break
• re-smart-ify my maths-ness
• write more
• regain my creative past
... only in my dreams
nah.. what i really want is a hug and smile (:

looking up
aspirations 2010
• instrumental skills improve (piano, guitar, drums)
• maintain balance between work, studies, gdpt, social life, co-curricular activities and hobbies
• stay healthy and fit
• don't stress
• work the white shirt xD
stuck on you
aileen / ana / charlene / ena / hiuy / kimmy / sally / stephen shirley / wendy /

here we go again

my hero
layout by naomi :D | inspired by x_empty / electro-pop%
others : x / x / x / x

never let this go
J • 3 words 8 letters • thunder • bum/bul bee
E • wife • besty • spongebob&patrick
SHS • drama09 • monkey&scarecrow • blue

myheartisyours
it'syours